Whether you’re looking for that cadeau parfait for the special francophile in your life or just want to give a little “hint-hint” to Santa’s elves this year, here’s a list of French-inspired gifts for the holiday season:
Note: I have not received any compensation from any of these vendors and will not receive compensation if you purchase anything on this list. I am recommending these products simply from an excellent experience or pure consumerist lust.
To Cook/ To Eat
1. Le Creuset French Oven ($149.95), the true French kitchen essential and you can never have too many
2. Cooking Classes, like this one ($89) coming up at Cook Street in Denver
3. Macarons, store-bought, hand-made OR as a kit (package the ingredients with a printed copy of Laduree’s Macarons Framboise recipe – tout mignon!)
4. A *pour toi French-themed gift basket ($61 – $379)
5. Mastering the Art of French Eating ($16), a can’t-put-it-down, franco-foodie adventure book I’ve recently scarfed down thanks to Lost In Cheeseland and annmah.net
6. Parisian Chic ($20), my favorite style bible that I consult for all my French fashion choices
1. Brasserie mugs, like these from Sur Le Table (on sale for $17!)
2. Cheese and wine regions map ($47), perfect for a kitchen or pantry
3. French vintage looking sheets at a budget price ($30)
4. Modern Parisian neighborhoods map ($22)
5. Cushion cover ($6), in a really cute French print
6. Bonjour illustration ($22), with all those super chic French essentials like the breton striped shirt and Chanel no. 5
7. Hand painted “Bonjour” floor mat ($38), customizable on Etsy
8. Macaron illustration ($18) – these look good enough to eat!
9. Hand carved “merci” stamp ($10), for all the thank yous you’ll be writing after the holidays
For the Body
1. The Diptyque Travel Set ($50), that I’ve come to depend on since I acquired it this summer
2. French after shave balm ($13.50), perfect for the masculine francophile in your life
3. Filaderme® Crème (Whipped Cream Moisturizer), because $35 French moisturizer is actually worth $35. Professional makeup artists swear by this product the French really know their beauty products.
1. This “Bien Fait” sweater ($75) by Madewell is seriously made (fait) well (bien).
2. Repettos – the classic French ballet flat – every French girl owns a pair
3. If it’s good enough for Caroline de Maigret, this Madewell linen tee ($45) has some serious French style going on.
4. What could be cuter than this Champagne coin purse ($68)? It’s absolutely my “splurge” item this year for a reason!
5. Bonjour necklace ($56.40), bonjour insta-chic. This Euro brand caters to American dollars so an ultra-cool neck-statement can be yours, too.
6. Hermes Hermes Hermes. Who doesn’t adore that little orange box? But I bet we’d all settle for this vintage scarf at a quarter of the price, here for $145 on etsy.
What are your favorite French-inspired gifts to give or receive in the holiday season? Will you be adding any of these suggestions to your lists? Let me know in the comments!