- 1 1. Team Your Old Worn Out Denim With a Silk Blouse
- 2 2. Hunt For Vintage Men’s Scarves and Wear Them With Everything
- 3 3. Roll the Sleeves of Your Cotton Shirt Back Loosely Over Your Sweater
- 4 4. Mix Couture and Street Wear
- 5 5. Shop at the H&M Men’s Department
- 6 6. Cinch and Tie Excess
- 7 7. Mix Tight and Loose
Effortless style is not often intuitive, but when done right, it is the pinnacle of French fashion. Here are 7 tips from my favorite Parisian fashion guru, Ines de la Fressange:
1. Team Your Old Worn Out Denim With a Silk Blouse
“The idea is to look as if the luxury item – the silk blouse – has been slipped on almost by accident. Appearing to try to hard is very uncool.” – Ines de la Fressange
2. Hunt For Vintage Men’s Scarves and Wear Them With Everything
The Goodwill is often a great starting place for some effortlessly chic items.
3. Roll the Sleeves of Your Cotton Shirt Back Loosely Over Your Sweater
“The ultimate casual chic statement!” – Ines
4. Mix Couture and Street Wear
5. Shop at the H&M Men’s Department
These pieces provide great balance to more feminine items.
6. Cinch and Tie Excess
Pull in excess fabric around your middle with a well-worn men’s belt and tie excess length in a loose knot.
7. Mix Tight and Loose
If you’re wearing a tight-fitting top, opt for a looser fitting bottom. If you’re wearing tight trousers, opt for a more billowy top.
The above ideas were lifted from Parisian Chic, by Ines de la Fressnage. Images and explanations added by me.
How do you make your outfits “effortlessly chic”? Have you tried any of Ines’ tricks? Let me know in the comments!