French toast without eggs sounds paradoxical. Yet, it is possible and quite yummy too. French toast recipes without eggs are quite useful for those who are vegans or vegetarians or those who are allergic or intolerant to eggs.
Eggless French toast can be made most delicious in the following ways.
Recipe 1. With cinnamon and brown sugar
- Milk or dairy-free milk like almond or soy, 240 mL
- Bread of any type
- Nutritional yeast, 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour, 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon, 1 tsp
- Brown sugar, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract, ½ tsp
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Oil, as required
Procedure for making this eggless French toast recipe:
- Make the batter by mixing all the ingredients except bread to a thick, uniform consistency. The nutritional yeast is responsible for creating the egg-like flavor.
- Coat both sides of the bread slice with the batter.
- Grease a pan with oil or margarine and sauté the bread.
- Remove from the oven once it reaches a nice crispy brown texture.
You can serve this with cheese and spice seasonings for a spicy breakfast or maple syrup and berries for a sweet one.
Recipe 2. With custard powder and corn starch
- Milk of any kind, ½ cup
- Bread of any kind
- Custard powder, 2 tbsp
- Sugar, 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract, ¼ tsp
- Corn starch, 2 tbsp
- Butter, as required
Procedure for making this French toast recipe without eggs:
- Mix and stir the ingredients except for the bread and butter until there are no lumps left.
- Soak the bread in the runny mixture.
- Coat a pan in butter.
- Fry the bread on both sides till golden brown.
Serve with cream to complement the taste of the toast.
Also, don’t forget to go and taste yammy Madeleines recipe.
Recipe 3. With fresh cream
French toast is a lip-smacking dish that everybody should get to experience. But not everyone can do eggs. For them, these tasty and easy eggless French toast recipes are a lifesaver.
The best thing is that all the ingredients are found at home or are available in the general grocery store. So, get going and try out these recipes yourself!